Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Pope Benedict?

Are you kidding me? Look me in the eye and tell me Pope McAwesome doesn't have a better ring to it. I'll tell you this: He's sure as hell not going to have as cool a Pope-mobile as I would have had. Not to mention, I'm decades younger. I could've led the Catholic flock for years. Plus, I'm much better looking. Speaking of leading a flock of sheep, Wonderland or Not blog reports of an Alan Sokal-esque hoax perpetuated on some rather lazy academics. A group of MIT grad students wrote a program to generate nonsensical papers (complete with charts). One of the papers was accepted by an "academic" conference. In the spirit of Alan Sokal, here's a postmodernism paper generator. Now you too can sound snobbishly pretentious without having to crack open a single book. Boss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home